Rollover accidents can lead to serious personal injuries that may require the assistance of a motor vehicle accident lawyer Arlington VA can provide. At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., we have helped more than 10,000 personal injury victims receive the compensation they deserve, and we want to help you recover as well.
If you or a family member has been injured in a rollover accident, you may have questions about recovering damages from the at fault driver. For specific insight into your case, don’t hesitate to contact Cohen and Cohen, P.C. to make an appointment for a free consultation with a motor vehicle accident lawyer Arlington VA injury victims trust. In the interim, the following information may be useful to you.
Vehicles are more likely to rollover if they have a high center of gravity, such as an SUV or a passenger van. Rollover accidents are more likely to result in death for the occupants. In 2014, more than 21,000 people died in passenger vehicle accidents. Though deaths of car drivers has declined since 1975, SUV driver deaths are nine times higher than car occupant deaths. Pickup occupant fatalities have increased 15 percent.
Vehicles are most likely to rollover when they cross a slope that is steeper than 33%, otherwise known as a “critical slope.” Vehicles may also rollover if they collide with a large obstacle or while travelling over very uneven ground.
It can be beneficial to hire a motor vehicle accident lawyer Arlington VA drivers rely on, because in a rollover accident, the chance for serious injuries to occur is substantial. During the rollover the vehicle’s roof may collapse onto the occupants. This can cause injuries as serious as a traumatic brain injury or even a fatality. In addition to the occupants, in the process of rolling over, the vehicle may injure or kill innocent bystanders. If you were injured in any way from a rollover accident that was not your fault, contact an Arlington VA motor vehicle accident lawyer immediately.
Injuries Common to Rollover Crashes
If you were involved in a rollover accident, you may have suffered any of the following:
1. Back or spinal cord injuries. These are usually quite serious and can include a broken or bruised spinal column. Many victims of these types of injuries suffer lifelong chronic pain and benefited from the legal help provided by a motor vehicle accident lawyer Arlington VA is proud to have in the community. A personal injury claim due to a back or spinal cord injury can be substantial because of the costs for care and treatment. Common injuries of this type:
2. Head and brain injuries. As with back or spinal cord injuries, head and brain injuries are usually serious. Head and brain injuries are all too common when the vehicle’s roof collapses onto the occupants. Full recovery is not guaranteed and the injury may cause lifelong suffering.
3. Broken bones. Bones will often break when impacted with great force against a hard surface or object. They can also break in several places. Broken legs and arms can require a lengthy time for recovery. During that time you may not be able to work. A motor vehicle accident lawyer Arlington VA drivers turn to for help can include lost wages as part of your settlement claim.
4. Chest injury. Though airbags are designed to reduce your risk for serious injuries in a car accident, they do not always deploy or your vehicle may not have one. This can lead to bruised or broken ribs.
5. Neck injury. Whiplash is a common example. Herniated or slipped disc injuries are also common in car accidents. These can be difficult to fully treat and the effects can be lifelong and painful. A motor vehicle accident lawyer Arlington VA residents respect can work with you to determine known and anticipated damages from this type of injury.
6. Soft tissue injury. Many car accident victims suffer from stretched or torn tendons, ligaments, or muscles. Soft tissue injuries can make it difficult to move that part of the body and the resulting pain may make it nearly impossible to complete routine tasks.
7. Scrapes, cuts, bruises, and burns. This type of injury may not be costly to treat, but they can often be permanent, painful, and disfiguring.
Liable Parties for a Rollover Accident
When a motor vehicle accident lawyer in Arlington VA can prove that the car accident was not your fault, you may qualify for and receive compensation for your accident related costs. Those who might be held liable could be any of the following:
Costs that can be Recovered After a Rollover Accident
When you meet with a motor vehicle accident lawyer Arlington VA accident victims turn to in these situations, you can detail your known costs. Based on previous experience, a Cohen and Cohen, P.C. attorney may be able to add to your list. Common costs associated with rollover accidents include the following:
At Cohen and Cohen, P.C. our attorneys are very familiar with the devastation that a rollover accident can have on the victims. In addition to extensive vehicle damage, a rollover can cause very serious or fatal physical injuries. A personal injury claim following a rollover accident can be substantial and the process complicated. An experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer Arlington VA residents count on may be able help you recover your costs– call us at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. today.