If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may wish to set up an appointment with a motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore MD respects. Whether you suffered a head injury or broken bones, you owe it to yourself to get compensation for your pain and suffering. A reputable motorcycle accident lawyer may help you receive justice for everything you’ve been through.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
A motorcycle accident can lead to several types of injuries. Some of them are more minor, and others can be life changing. Here are some of the more common motorcycle accident injuries:
- Broken Bones: It’s common for motorcycle accident victims to break bones in their wrists, pelvis and hips.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when a person’s neck is rapidly and forcefully moved back and forth during an accident. The effects of whiplash might not be noticeable until a few days later, but they can often be severe.
- Burns: Because a motorcycle’s engine is fully exposed, a rider is in danger of receiving serious burns from it in the event of an accident.
- Scrapes and Cuts: When a motorcycle rider gets hit by another vehicle and goes down, he or she may get dragged by the motorcycle on the pavement. This can cause severe cuts and scrapes on the rider’s legs, arms, stomach and back.
- Head Injuries: The impact of a motorcycle crash can lead to head injuries. When a rider falls to the ground or hits another object during the accident, he or she may suffer severe brain trauma.
No matter what type of injury you suffered during a motorcycle crash, an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore MD trusts may help you obtain compensation for the damages.
Evidence You May Need
In order for a motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore MD to prove to the court that your injuries resulted from another person’s negligence, he or she may need documentation relating to your accident and injuries. Here are important pieces of evidence you may need after a motorcycle crash:
- Witness Statements: If there were any witnesses present at the accident scene, it could be crucial to get their names and contact information. Your motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore MD relies on may ask these witnesses what they saw, and if the other motorist was at fault.
- Photographs: Clear photos of the accident scene may also provide proof that the other motorist was negligent. Take photos of damages to your motorcycle and any skid marks on the road, and give them to your motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore MD holds in high regard.
- Medical Records: Medical documentation can help support your claim that you were indeed injured during the accident. These medical records should include important information about your injuries, such as how severe they are and what future treatments may be required.
- Your Helmet: If you were wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, you may use that information as evidence that you were being careful and didn’t contribute to your own injuries.
If you don’t have sufficient evidence, your Baltimore MD motorcycle accident lawyer may help you gather more.
If you are searching for a motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore offers, contact Cohen and Cohen, P.C. at (301) 637-8381, for a free consultation.