Mr. Cohen is the founding member and has been a managing partner of his firm since 1993. He is a fierce contender for successfully defending the rights of innocent people who have been victims of medical malpractice, wrongful death, automobile accidents, product liability, class actions, and other kinds of personal injuries. Mr. Cohen has received countless accolades and awards from professional and peer groups, and from client reviews and testimonies. He has made numerous local and national media appearances as well as made publications in print media. Mister cohen is AV rated and has chaired many prestigious boards and committees throughout his highly successful career.
Between the years 2001 and 2015, the Washingtonian Magazine referred to Mr. Cohen as one of:
– Washington’s best lawyers
– Washington’s top 40 lawyers under 40
– The best lawyers in Washington
– The city’s most feared personal injury lawyers
The Washington Examiner acknowledged Mr. Cohen as, “a prominent, personal injury lawyer.” (Jan, 2006)
Wayne Cohen was named as one of Washington DC’s Super Lawyers six years in a row, and he has been featured in Washingtonian Magazine .
One way that Mr. Cohen has continued with his passion for education and gaining new knowledge is by teaching classes at The George Washington University Law School since 1993. He has also been:
– President of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington D.C.
– Board of Governor of the TLA-DC
– Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers
– Chair of the the Litigation Section of the District of Columbia Bar Association
– Chair of the Injury to Persons and Property Section of the D.C. Bar
– On a 2 year appointment to the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland, Peer Review Committee
Wayne Cohen completed his B.A. with distinction from the University of Michigan and went on to graduate from the University of Miami School of Law, cum laude.